When sleep training... if she isn't crying do I still go in every few minutes or not?

I am Attempting to sleep train (in my way-which involves as little crying as possible-which most of the time isn't possible!) . Are you supposed to still go in to check on them if they are not crying? I am listening to her on the monitor and she will have quiet periods more often then crying, so do I still go in or wait? This always confuses me! Also, anyone else here sleep train for naps? I have got to break the habit somehow of putting her to sleep! I am a SAHM so I have created this monster! LOL (Btw, if it matters she is 8 1/2 months old)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They grow out of it... I haven't tried sleep training, we nurse to sleep, then she sleeps and gets up when shes done and goes about her day. Babies are individuals like us, they sleep when they need to and naturally want to be close to us. I hope things work out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If you know she is sleeping or just being content-don't go in there unless you need to check in on her just for your own sanity!! But be very super quiet and cautious about it! So, as not to start the whole crying thign all over again!! Been there, done that so I know where you are coming from!! We are currently sleep training our almost 5mo. old! She usually doesn't cry for more than a few minutes-when I'm not home and will cry a little longer when I am-because she knows I'm here! So, it is more like training ME to let her be than for us to train her to sleep!!! At most she's cried for 15-30min.(usually when we are busy getting our other 2 children to bed!).....
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 9:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2008