can you help with potty training?

im getting ready to potty train my 2 1/2 yr old son. im going to try to stop useing diapers during the day but use pull ups for bedtime. how often should i take him to the bathroom to go potty? ive been taking him every hr is that to much? and what do i do if we go anywhere and he has an accident in his car seat? do they have stuff i can put in his car seat? since its summer i dont want to leave his seat in the car and the heat makes the car smell like pee. so what can i do to pervent that til i get home to wash it? please help me on this.

delilahbarton

Asked by delilahbarton at 8:17 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would make it a game....put cheerios in the potty and tell him to aim for the little targets (:
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:19 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• about every hour is good until he can tell you when he needs to go. until he can tell you i would do pull ups when going out. taking the cover off a carseat, washing it, and trying to get it back on right is such a pain!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Every hour is good. As you go farther along you can go longer. I put pull ups on my lil boy when we go out and at night. So far he's stayed dry but I realy dont want to be in Walmart or something and him have an accedent.
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 1:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2010