what would you do ?

if you had a sister that ever since you can remember shes copied everything you did or told her you wanted to do ? EXAMPLE; my sister is 2 yrs older than me but i remember telling her oh when i get a house im going to decorate it like this and my room is going to be pink with zebra print on the top [the roof area where the light is ] and i'm going to get curtains that are zebra print and a bedding set zebra print too. she said that would look nice. a week later she went and painted her room exactly how i told her i was and bought the curtains beddings etc. then when i found out i was having a babygirl i decided to learn to make hair bows and sell some too. well sure enough i found out today shes making bows and selling them too now. it's becoming really annoying to the point that i cant tell her anything anymore because i know for a fact she'll go and do it. shes done this all my life..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't tell her anything anymore...I know that will be hard but I'm sure you are totally annoyed at this point. Have you ever confronted her about this?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Just stop telling her anything. But if she wants to do it, she is going to once she finds out you are doing something anyway. You can't control what she does, and unless you completely cut her out of your life, which I doubt you would want to do, she is going to find out what you are doing or how you are doing something.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i wold talk to her about it. maybe she doesn't realize it's bothering you so much.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It sounds like she has low self esteem and it's easier to be like you than to express herself. If the phrase "flattery is the highest form of a compliment" turns your stomach because that's what everyone always tells you... you could try telling her that you really like the color blue when you actually like pink and other such tactics so that she isn't constantly stealing your ideas.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I would stop telling her, it is annoying and would really piss me off. I'd ask her what her problem is on why she has to steal my ideas.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• She just likes your ideas...I would be flattered. It's not like you still can't do them, too...
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 11:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I know exactly what you're talking about. This happens to me a LOT! I just don't tell her my ideas anymore.
    My examples:
    ~We were both pregnant at the same time. I wanted to name my daughter Taylor Morgan....about a month later she announces that her daughter would be named Taylor Morgan.
    ~After the passing of my younger brother, I had a memorial tattoo in mind. I mentioned it with her around one day. A week later she posts a picture of her new tattoo on Facebook...sure enough it's the same idea that I had.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 11:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It's a compliment

Answer by admckenzie at 11:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• tell her some yucky ideas...the kind that sounds enought like what you would do, but don't like anyway. Like if your going to repaint the house and you want the walls some kind of tan, tell her you chose red. lol Your planning a themed birthday of princessess, but tell her your going classic clowns.You want to start a bussiness on Etsy, but tell your doing Avon. lol Have fun!!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:42 AM on Jul. 18, 2010