Swim Lessons for toddlers?

My best friend rain has been telling me that Swimming lessons help a lot in developing her legs but I don´t know if its true or not because I have twins so I have to be in the pool helping the teacher HELP PLEASE

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 8:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its up to you, its not necessary, but it may not be a bad idea either. I wouldn't stress over it.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If they enjoy it, why not? My daughter began swim lessons at age 3.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 8:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• We have a 25 mo old and 14 mo old twins. They all love the water. I understand where you are coming from on the lessons. We are considering having a private instructor come to our home for all 3 at the same time.

I say the earlier the better. Around 1 they have less fear and seem to be more relaxed, in my experience.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have a 22 month old and we take a mommy and me swim class. They don't actually learn to "swim" so much as learn to float and blow bubbles in the water.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 9:16 PM on Jul. 15, 2010