I want to see what it would be like to be be with a black man.

I've always been interested in them. I think they're SO much more attractive than white men. But I'm married, unhappily mostly. Would it be worth it? to leave my husband to try and date again and be with a black man? I know this sounds stupid, but really.. It haunts me, I want to know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• OP, if you want to message me you can, I understand the desire to be with a race different from your own. I'm sure you wouldn't choose just "any" black man. There are definitely differences, but the man that I want to be with the most is white. Love knows no color.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 9:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You got married for better or worse. this is the worse. Work on making it better.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think with the mentality that you have, you won't be happy with ANY man, regardless of his race.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Only you can answer if it would be worth it. If it was me.....Hell No.....I wouldn't be able to hurt my husband or my kids for my own selfish reasons.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:53 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Not a certain guy but a race as a whole - it would be nice to be any black guy? Seriously... generalizing a bit don't you think?
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Your married... I could never tell you to do that. What does your husband think?
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 8:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• then why don't you get a divorce so you can be free to do what you want to do
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If your not happy then divorce, that way you can find out for yourself.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Have you tried working on the marriage? I would never tell someone to divorce unless there is a form of abuse or addiction, I would try counseling to work through whatever issues you have first. Sometimes a seperation can be helpful, however you need to think about how that will affect your children and yourself and family...a seperation definitely affects more than just you and SO. I seperated for 8 months, because I thought I wanted something else. We had a ton of issues in our marriage and I chose to leave, but its been a long emotionally draining, tiring and hard road as we try to repair. I would suggest taking time for yourself to consider why you're feeling the way you are, talking more with more husband to work on the issues not just yours but his too and if then if you still this way - its time to move on.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I've been with a black man, definitely different. I'd never leave a marriage or relationship unless I wanted to though.
    yezay

Answer by yezay at 8:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010