iPhone or Blackberry?

And why?

sherribeare

Asked by sherribeare at 8:52 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Shopping

• We are looking to upgrade our phones to smart phones and my husband being the computer geek that he is has been doing the research. The newest iPhone, iPhone 4 or whatever it is, has some flaws that are not worth getting the phone. One of which is the antenna. My husband says that Apple hasn't put out any info on how they are going to fix the problem or how soon it will be fixed. He recommends the older version of the iPhone. Another thing with the newer version is that the back is glass, not just the front. So if you drop it, you could break the back. Not into pieces, but similar to a crack in your windshield. We have Verizon and since the iPhone isn't worth it, we're keeping Verizon and my husband has read enough good reviews about the HTC Incredible that that is the phone that we'll most likely be getting. He says their is nothing wrong with the Blackberries, though. CONT.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• TRACFONE....because it is cheap. ;-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I had a Blackberry Pearl and now I have an iPhone 3G. I recommend the iPhone. It's so much better for web browsing, there seem to be more free iPhone apps, and I already used iTunes for my music, so it was simple to start using my phone for music. I have heard there are some antenna problems with the iPhone 4, so you may want to check into that if you decide to go with an iPhone. If you are planning to go with AT&T, they only had one 3G Blackberry earlier this year, and if you plan on using the Internet on your phone, you will want at least 3G.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have a Blackberry, my mom and sister both have iPhones. I dislike the iPhones. I have dropped my blackberry so many times and it still works. My mom dropped her iPhone and she had to replace it. I also have issues with the phone qualilty of the iPhone. It IS supposed to be a phone after all, I mean it's called the iPhone right? The voice quality sucks. I have no issues with the blackberry internet. and while I agree the iPhone has more apps, if I wanted all of that, I'd get the iTouch and keep my cell phone.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I've had my blackberry for two and a half years. I'm getting a new one soon. I love my blackberry.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I definitely prefer the blackberry. I have a 9700 which has the track pad, not the track ball. The tract ball sucks. There are plenty of free apps available, RIM's email server is the fastest in the business...

the iphone is touchy. There's a spot on the four that shuts down if you touch it the ceo's answer to the problem is, don't touch that spot. plus, you need to have itunes on your computer to interact with music and it tends to take over everything if you don't already use it.

The androids have nice features too...it's not like "either or" anymore.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I like my iPhone.
    dana63

Answer by dana63 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Just the screen is smaller to make room for the keyboard. So it depends on what you will be using your cell phone for. If you are going to mostly use it to text, then a Blackberry might be your better bet. If you are going to mostly use it to browse the web, then one of the ones similar to an iPhone, like the HTC Incredible, would be better.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I have the Samsung Flight. It's another smartphone. I really like it because it reminds me of the Propel Pro that I had. Blackberry was my first choice but I could not get the one I had wanted as an upgrade, so I nixed that and got the Flight.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:50 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I LOVE my Droid! It's got a keyboard, easy access to all programs, tons of APPS to choose from.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 4:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2010