Why can't everyone smarten up and do a little research beyond youtube, or what winds up in you email inbox?!?!?!

Ok, I'm getting a little sick and tired of hearing this crap, that is supposedly true, being posted all over the place, saying "this candidate did this..." and "this candidate did that..." Come on ladies!!!!...you're smarter than that! We need to get past the mindset of "Well if we saw it on youtube, it MUST be true!" Or how about these email forwards that are being posted all over the place. Honestly...they are comparable to the ones that land in your inbox saying "If you don't pass this on to 15 people in the next 5 minutes, Bloody Mary will come out from underneath your bed at 3 am and kill you!"
I mean really...I know we're in the age of the computer, but don't you think that just maybe, this election might be important enough do do a little research of your own beyond that?!

jillmakalex

Asked by jillmakalex at 9:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Right on. I am shocked at the way I have seen moms making their political decisions. It's frightening actually?

21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 9:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I think some of them know it isn't true and yet they post it anyway.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 9:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I TOTALLY agree. I don't understand anyone going off the word of mouth when it comes to something as serious as the leader of our country. I plan to vote to Obama/Biden BUT I thoroughly checked out McCain/Palin to make sure I was getting all the facts on both sides. If I went off commercials and what others said, I would never have known the facts I know about McCain that are interesting and educational.

Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 9:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• clapping

njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I want to add, that I think the thing that astounds me the most is the bottomless ignorance, the openly hateful attitudes, and the intolerance I have seen among women here. I have to wonder, as a nation, are we really this uneducated and mean? I am voting for Obama, however, I don't automatically wish harm on moms voting for McCain. I enjoy and good discussion with a well informed Repub mom. It is only when we lack basic respect for one another, or we divide ourselves up into neat little "Dem" and "Rep" boxes, that party affiliation becomes a problem.

21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 9:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Yes some people are child like now days,,,I try to ignore it mostly,,,Especially the lies and half truths out their..Those people need to read up on things some times

Answer by louise2 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Great answer 21stCenturyMom!
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 9:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• No place lets babies just sit there and die. That's all propaganda. I can't believe you ladies actually believe this.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Answered at 8:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 by: LaurenKaye29
    No place lets babies just sit there and die. That's all propaganda. I can't believe you ladies actually believe this.

Okay, I looked and looked and couldn't find where anyone on this post mentioned that. did I miss it? Am I blind? Was it deleted? Or was this a totally random comment meant to incite?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Places DO do that. Places like hospitals in Ill. There is testimony from nurses.
    People are going to tend to believe whatever helps their candidate. Period. Like BO supporters really have checked out all the lies about McCain/Palin? Please.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2008