How can I be sure it was the baby I felt?

I'm at 16 wks and last night I was laying in bed on the phone and felt this bubble in my very low stomach...I put my hand there and felt it again and I felt it with my hand a little too. Then it happened again a few mintues later. I know they say it feels like gas but gas usually hurts for me and this was not gas, I really don't think. How do I know its the baby?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 9:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I too was unsure whether I was feeling the baby or just imagining things. I was about 16-19 ish weeks pregnant when I first felt my son move. For me it reminded me kind of like a little fishy swimming around. I know I was unsure if I was feeling the baby or just having gas but when you do finally feel it and you are sure that it was the baby your feeling its the greatest experience in the world :-)
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• it sounds like the baby, after feeling it a little more, you will be able to tell whether its gas or your baby. its truly amazing though isn't it?
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It was probably the baby. Just wait a few more weeks and you will be able to tell which part of the baby is bumping you. Except for sometimes it hard to tell the difference between the head and the butt. And most babies do somersaults at night so, get ready.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:55 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I can't wait!
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• omg thats exactly how i feel!! im almost 18 weeks and i could sware its
    the baby. i jut dnt tell n e one cuz i dnt want them to think im lying cuz im barely 18
    weeks but after this i rele think its the baby aww thats so exciting to find out
    linda3-7-09

Answer by linda3-7-09 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Aww yayy, it might have been your baby =D I didn't tell people I'd felt her until 19 weeks, I wasn't really sure it was her until then. Now at 28 weeks, she's rolling and jumping and kicking all over the place, and I miss it when she doesn't kick! Haha =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2008