What is the scariest childhood

memory you can think of?

Mine was when I was left to baby sit alone, overnight for a couple of my younger siblings when I was like 9 years old.

geminisummerz

Asked by geminisummerz at 9:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Scariest memory.... I have several involving the same man... molestation.. abuse... it was horrible. I think the worst was when me and my siblings were taken into foster care...
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• when my mom and dad left for 2 weeks for my dad to have surgery and i stayed home with my 2 older sisters and older brother. we were all scared out of our minds our dad was not coming home.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My dad almost drown me in an effort to "keep me from being afraid of the water"

I would have to say that would be one of the scary ones... But I could give you any number of scary moments...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My worst memory was when my mom held a gun to her head and threatend to shoot herself because we hated her. My sister missed curfew by 5 minutes. How she equated that with us hating her, i have no idea, but that's they way she was. Anytime we were the slightest bit less than perfect, it was because we hated her.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• when me and my sister went into my grandmom's scary old dirt celler. i swear i saw a ghost!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• When I was 11 or so, I was selling chocolate door to door to raise money for softball. I was by myself, just going around my neighborhood(it was a lot different back then). A pickup truck with two or three guys in it pulls up beside me, they were late teens or early 20's.
    The asked what I was selling, I said chocolate covered almonds, they asked how much, I said $3.
    He then said "Why don't you just give me the whole box" in a hostile voice and I froze.
    I was so scared, I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I couldn't do anything.

He then got flustered and said "Never mind, I was kidding." and drove away really quickly.

I know he thought it would be funny, looking back now but who the hell does that to a little kid???

I ran home, told my parents and cried. They called the cops and my dad came with me after that.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I was a latch-key kid. I forgot my key at school and there was a tornado warning. I was climbing the fence to hid under the deck and the neighbors (elementary school teachers) let me hide in their basement with them.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 9:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• When I was walking home from school in the second grade and decided to visit a new friend along the way...and I got lost.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Before my parents got divorced. From the time I was 10 until I was 12. My dad was an alcoholic there were lots of scary times then.

Also when my sister got lost at the county fair...she was 8 or 9.

When my youngest daughter was born 5 years ago today the cord was wrapped around her neck tightly several times. She was limp and blue. My MIL was on duty and in my room at the time so she acted quickly by giving infant CPR and having the L&D nurse to call code for NICU. She's healthy and strong today...and 5 years old!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• My friend and I were sitting at the end of her driveway playing cards (don't ask why, we were 10 and did few things that made sense). I looked up and saw a man standing behind her but from my perspective I could only see him from the waist up. I said "Hi!" because I figured it was one of her dad's friends. When she turned to see who I was talking to she moved and unblocked my view of the bottom half of him. He had his pants down around his ankles and was masturbating. We both screamed bloody murder and ran like hell into her house. Her mom called the police, but they never found the guy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2010