has anyone every gave up a child ?

BACK IN 2003 I GAVE UP MY FRIST BOY AND IT WAS VERY HARD BUT I DID IT FOR HIM I WAS HOMLESS WHEN I HAD HIM AND LIVING IN MY CAR SO I DID NOT WHAT HIM IN THAT SO I PICK THE PERFECT FAIMLY AND HE IS DOING VERY WELL HE WILL BE 7YRS OLD IN AUG AND HE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE ME AND JUST LIKE HIS SISTER MERISSA MY DAUGHTER I AHVE A OPEN APBOT WHERE I GET LETTER PICTURES AND I SEND THINGS TO HIM AS WELL

tanyamac

Asked by tanyamac at 9:24 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Adoption

• – collapse
    awww how nice, your son is living somewhere else with some strangers while you and your daughter play happy family without him
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• SHE SEE PIC OF HIM AND HE LIVES IN CT
    tanyamac

Comment by tanyamac (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think giving up a child to adoption is the most unselfish thing you could ever do. No..I never have done that.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• awww purple..thats just cruel. ):
    Cochise

• While I never gave up a child, I give you kudos for what you did. A good friend of mine in High School gave up her baby girl. It was hard for her, but she knew that she was giving her child a better life. Her mother had kicked her out of the house and she was living moving from friend to friend. She had an open adoption as well. She received pictures every year on her daughter's birthday. After she got her life together, she eventually married and had other children. You first daughter will always have a special place in her heart, but she knows what she did at 15 was the best for her child.

I hope you know that you gave your son a gift when you gave him a better life. You loved him so much, you put his needs above your own. You truely are a special mother.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Whoa, what the hell???
    That's a terrible thing to say!

You did what was best for your son at that time and he has had a better life because of it. Don't listen to that crap.

Having an open adoption is great. A lot of kids aren't as lucky to be able to have not only their adoptive parents but also their biological ones in their life.
    There are so many children that grow up in terrible situations and in horrible poverty because their parents can't properly care for them but refuse to do what is in the best interest of the child. You did what would benefit him the most and it must have been the most difficult thing to do ever. I couldn't even imagine it.
    You made a major sacrifice so that he would be better taken care of than you could do at the time.
    I think that's admirable.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think you did a sweet thing
    Greeneyedtwins

Answer by Greeneyedtwins at 9:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• – collapse
    No, and I would never give up my child. If I had been on the streets and didn't have nowhere to go I would have gone to a church. They take and save people everyday with problems. I beleive you could have made a different decision. If you don't have any peice of mind then you should look for him to tell him you are sorry. To bad your daughter doesn't have a brother to play with. :(
    buggin4baby

Answer by buggin4baby at 9:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Adoption...=.....an unselfish act from the parent of a truly blessed child.

I congratulate you on thinking of your son over you own wants and needs. And I think it's wonderful that his adopted family keep you involved in his life :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• – collapse

Attention deficit disorders, eating disorder, alcohol abuse can be seen in some adoptees. There is a tendency to seek for alternative lifestyles. Worse of all is the tendency to commit suicide that prevails in an adoptee. Statistics says that adopted children are represented with learning disabilities and organic brain syndrome. Adopted children are shown to be vulnerable. Adopted children know they were not involved in the decision of adoption and thus realize that they had no control over loss of their birth family and the choice of the adoptive family. It is observed that adoptees at their teen age never feel close to anyone. Some long for their birthmother. Adopted children feel insecure because they are questioned about their identity. They lose an identity and then borrow one from the adopting family. Birthparents being parents are not parents whereas adoptive parents suddenly become their parents.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 (hidden) + expand