COULD IT BE THE MOLD?

We are currently renting an apartment. I have had the window AC on for 2 weeks straight. I was dusting today and noticed that the floor was all wet. (carpet) I then noticed that the AC was dripping water constantly. I never knew because I have a large table thing in front of it. Anyway. My daughter has been sick for a few weeks now. She has been potty trained for about 1 year and is all of a sudden wetting her. Coughing so much a throwing up when she coughs. I brought her to the dr and he said it was probably a virus that was about two weeks ago. IM so afraid. We have a 3 month old who has been congested and coughing too! Help please even advice

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yikes. It could be. I would ask the pediatrician what to do, like would getting a dehumidifier help. As well as keeping the water cleaned up through the day. At least summer is half way done. I would rather be shoveling snow than living in this humidity!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It could be, but also, keep in mind that allergies have been hell this year.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• geez, it can't be helping. I tell the landlord the carpet have to get cleaned and ask the carpet guys to leave the fans overnight and you guys sleep out.

If you can get that totally dry~can you rip up carpet yourselves and dry it to the wood?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:36 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes it could be!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Unless the mold is severe or unless your children have a rather bad allergy to mold, then it is probably just viral or some seasonal allergy. I would have the children checked for allergy to molds and mildew just to be safe. I had a scare with some mold growing around the window sills awhile back and had my children tested. We got rid of the mold and they tested normal. I hope everything goes well!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yes it could be from the mold. My youngest gets really sick when he is around mold!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Mold can get between the drywall and outside wall and need extensive repair. We had to move from an apartment because this happened in my room.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yes it is a strong chance that the carpet has mold and is making her sick.

a few years back my carpet had gotten mold from a leaky dishwasher...when i was at home I was sick when i left i was fine. my manager cut the affected area of the carpet and ordered new carpet....when she cut out the area of bad carpet...suddenly i was feeling good again!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010