Im 34 weeks..

Im 34 weeks and she has dropped to where she is head down. How often does it happen that you go before your due date? I have had Braxton hicks the past few weeks and they just keep getting worse. Personally im hoping that she comes soon, but i don't know if it's normal to have her drop so low at this point.

Mandalxl

Asked by Mandalxl at 9:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my second pregnancy, the baby dropped at 30 weeks and I was having braxton hicks contractions for months.

Unfortunately neither of those things are an indicator that the baby will be coming soon, it just means that your body and the baby are doing what they're supposed to do to prepare for labor and delivery.

Hopefully things will go smoothly for you. These last few weeks always feel like the longest at first and then all of a sudden you're at your due date and you're wondering what happened to the 6 weeks you thought you had left. Lol!!!

I promise you, it is worth the wait. :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:54 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• well many babies are head down from like 20 weeks on. it doesn't indicate when the baby will be born though... i also think it's kinda normal for babies to "drop" several weeks before birth.
    lots of babies are born before their due date but just as many are born after. you definitely DO NOT want your baby to be born soon because at 34 weeks it's really likely that your baby would be in the NICU for at least 2 weeks. :(
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i'm 38 weeks now, my baby dropped at 32. having BHCs too and i'm 1 cm dilated but no real labor yet so relax, it happens
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• you may dialate a lot before you go into labor, which is good. i was at a 4 before labor even started. she dropped about 35 weeks and i had her at 40.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• As uncomfortable as u may be u don't want your little one to come yet. Trust me my son was born at 34 weeks. Baby icu is horrible. Let the little one finish cooking. I pray every day that i will at least get to 37 weeks this time.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 9:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I don't want her to come early either, but this heat is juswt miserable and im starting to get anxious for her to get here. Thanks ladies for all the help. With this being my first, im not exactly sure what is normal and what not.
    Mandalxl

Comment by Mandalxl (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• my baby boy was 37 weeks and he had to stay in NICU for under developed lungs and pneumonia. Supposably he was acting amonth early (wrong due date). Pregnancies are so unpredictable! Anywho you really dont want an early baby and them having to stay in NICU. It is so scary and painful. I am pregnant now and i hit 37 weeks and i pray everyday that I at least make it to 38.
    ARuss

Answer by ARuss at 10:08 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Stick it out mama. Nothing replaces Those last few weeks are crucial. Get air conditioning put your feet up And relax
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 11:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010