i did it...

So im not a very good cook my dh eats my food any way and says its good and i know he is a lie bc he dont ask for secods but today i decided to make quesadillas for my dh, and loved them he asked for thirds!!! Im so excited that i made some thing he loves thats home made!!! Any of u get excited when dh absolutly loves your food?? i know im corny but ime proud of my self!!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love cooking and baking for other people because I love to hear about how good it is and I love watching them go for seconds and thirds. Lol!!!
    I used to be a terrible cook and never cooked for anyone else. Then I got decent at baking and branched out a little and tried cooking some more.
    I've definitely improved.

High fives for you!!! Keep cooking and trying new things, you can only keep improving right?

Definitely be proud of yourself. You know it's good when they go for thirds!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 9:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• wow, that's great! i am a good cook, but i felt proud when my hubby told me my curry and rice is better than his mom's (they are guyanese and i'm just a plain ol country girl lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I would feel the same way if I got the same reaction as you did! WTG
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i love when my dh oohs/ahhs over something i make..but then, he eats anything. he cracks me up when he says, ''that was pretty good, for a white girl!'' (no, he's not AA. just dorky!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:56 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• awww, thats great! I get happy too when one of my meals goes over well. I love to cook...but its not always "great" ,LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i always love when i make something he really likes. when we first got together i could tell he didnt like my cooking, but i blamed it on his mom. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Good for you!! :) Congrats! I like to think I am a good cook, but I know there are things that I just am not so good at. . . but I love it when he goes gaga over my cooking :)
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 10:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Aw congrats!! It's always awesome knowing we're a good cook at some foods. I absolutely love baking dessert, i think i'm better at that than regular foods. But there's are some certain foods I know everyone loves.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 10:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• yeeeea all the time. I am so dorky- I get excited when he even mentions its good. He just dont say much/ show much enthusiasim bout anythng tho. lol.
    LoveIsBeingAMom

Answer by LoveIsBeingAMom at 10:07 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Congrats! I think you will find more and more things that you like to cook and that he loves to eat! It is very satisfying to cook for someone and know that they are throughly enjoying every bite. My hubby and my oldest girl are picky eaters, so even though I'm a good cook I have a challenge finding something healthy that everyone will like. It feels like a victory for me when I try a new recipe or a new way of cooking something that wow everyone.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2010