Would you....

let your step daughter talk to boys even though your husband disapproved?

Mrs.Halloween

Asked by Mrs.Halloween at 9:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Hmmm, probably not since it's not my call. I would be pretty pissed off if my ex husbands girlfriend didn't respect my wishes for my children.
    Any future partner I may ever have would have to do the same.

It's his daughter so his rules should be respected. You could talk to him on her behalf, but it's bad news if you go against him and undermine his authority.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Not my place to say. I would let dh know and he could deal with it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• that depends. what is the intent of the conversation? and she is the SD..his word should be honored with his child.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If it is your bio daughter, it would be different, but as she is your step daughter, you need to discuss it with him, not go around him.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I just recently found out from my dd that her older sister, my step dd started having sex at 13. I never even thought about that happening. But, looking back she had so many emotional problems that she wouldnt talk to me about. Dont under estimate these kids and dont get involved in something behind your hubbies back. Her emotional well being is so important. You dont have to be a snich, but dont lie for her either and cover stuff up.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2010