Is it possible?

That someone could have their period throughout their whole pregnancy. Amazing story if it's true. My best friend's sister went to the hospital this morning with horrible abdominal pains and is now in labor. Says she had no idea she was even pregnant. She had her period on time every month, and barely has a belly. Does anyone think this is really possible or does anyone think she might have been hiding it? Just curious to see what everyone thinks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I guess maybe it's possible, but what did she think it was when the baby was kicking? I mean no one can have gas that bad?! I mean babies get really active what could she have possibly thought all the moving could be? I know I definately would be able to tell, even if I had a period and barely had a tummy.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• yes. Do you read dear Abby? she wrote her article about this yesterday. several RN's wrote in seeing it and even experiencing it!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You can get your period while pregant. That is possible. But as teddybear515 said, she would've felt the baby kicking.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• This happened to someone I know. There was a difference though....she was an older mom and her periods were irregular. She had periods through out the pregnancy, but she would skip one every now and again. She thought it was early menopause...ha ha. Anyway, she was also pretty overweight....maybe that's why she didn't "notice" the baby. Crazy huh....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It is possible. There are lots of women who dont find out they are pregnant until they are in labor! The kicking is sometimes mistaken for gas...
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Wow I hope the baby is going to be ok....
    Kimmers1116

Answer by Kimmers1116 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I found out when I was 7 1/2 months. I thought I had gas. After I went to the doctor had a blood test and found out I was pregnant. My period has always been very irregular because I'm anemic. After I saw the OB she was dancing around like crazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I know it is possible, but personally I just don't get how you could not know, or even suspect it. There are soooo many changes in your body besides the baby moving, bigger tummy, etc. I guess everybody is different, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• yeah its possible...and like many others said..she should have been able to feel the baby moving...but alot of times depending on what child it is..new mothers dont know what to look for when a baby moves...alot of people thinks its gas and go about their day...was the baby ok?
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 10:44 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My friend just called me about 20 minutes ago and said that they have the baby under going a bunch of tests to make sure that everything is ok. She gave birth about a half hour ago. Baby girl. 7lbs 5 oz. Was growing inward toward her back. Check back and I'll keep everyone updated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2008