How do you cut your baby's nails?

MDT09

Asked by MDT09 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nail clippers with good light and reading glasses on~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:27 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• When my son was a baby I always did it while he was napping. I had special baby nail clippers that were smaller and finer than the adult ones. Hold his hand in yours and gently press down on the soft pad of the finger to push it back from the nail a little. Cut straight across.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I use infant nail clippers. Gently press down on the pad and pull it away from the nail and cut the nail with the clippers.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:30 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• with nail clippers, and i make noises or put the tv on so they're semi distracted. It helps if they have a toy or a snack in the other hand lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• with a baby nail clipper right after a bath My husband holds and I clip.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i always waited until she was asleep and used the clippers.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I do my daughters in my lap so her nails are the same way mine would be when clipping. She is 16 months old so I give her the TV remote and it helps to keep her distracted just long enough to do them.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Nail Clipper. I wait til my daughter is asleep. It's easier that way. Some of my friends just bite the nails, i tried that I couldn't do it that way. I prefer nail clipper better.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 10:26 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I use the safety nail clippers. When he was nursing I would clip them while he ate - one side at a time. As we weaned, I started to just sit him on my lap, turn on Curious George and clip them all at one time. Sometimes he will let me and sometimes he won't - it's just a hit or miss thing. I try to do it at least once a week, sometimes twice. He's 13 months now.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Clippers while she is asleep. My mom thinks I should chew them off for safety.... Not to clip her accidentally. I'm not chewing on my kid.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010