My "Aunt Flow" Has not come back yet...why?

I had my daughter on August 6th. I also am not breastfeeding and I know for a fact that me and my husband have not have sex at all. I'm not on birth control because I am waiting for my stupid period to come. ITS STILL NOT HAVE SHOWN UP!! I never thought I would be wanting it back because its a pain to deal with but I want it back...I need it back...so will it come back? When I had my boys my period came back on about 4 weeks after I had them and but now after having my daughter I still have nothing! Help!!! How can I make it come back??

SitaStJames

Asked by SitaStJames at 9:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Health

• When did you stop bleeding after having you baby???

Answer by louise2 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• About two or three weeks ago...
    SitaStJames

Answer by SitaStJames at 10:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I had this happen to me after i had my son...I missed it so much but didnt want it back either...it went on for 6 months and then I went to the doc bc i thought i was pregnant..i wasnt though and then he put my on hormones to get my period again...i have to say that was the worst period ive ever had...but its something you should ask your doc about or something if it doesnt return..good luck
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 10:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Normally you bleed for about 40 days or so. Your body is still trying to get back to normal so I would give it a few more weeks if not, go to the doctor. oh, if you don't want to be prego again, take some birth controls in the meantime :)
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It usually takes 4-6 weeks after you stop bleeding (what my midwife said, and how it went for me).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• And my daughter is 8 weeks old today. =(
    SitaStJames

Answer by SitaStJames at 11:44 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• It can take a few months to start ovulating again even if you are not breastfeeding, and it can vary from birth to birth. Hormones are wild things.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Well its just it seems with my daughter I went through three blood tranfusions because my iron was pretty much none existant. Then after she was born I had to have recontructed surgery because she really tore me up on her way of being born. And now I'm just wondering what else she might have caused to make my cycles not come back. (lol) I love her but I really had to go through a lot to get my girl. Go figure I had 2 boys, wanted a girl so bad and yeah was put through hell when I finally got blessed with a daughter. But I have to say that I would do it again for her, too.
    SitaStJames

Answer by SitaStJames at 11:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• regardless of whether or not your period has come back yet or not, get on BC or you can get pregnant! One of my good friends had this happen and now she's got 2 kids that are a year apart because she thought she couldn't get prego because she wasn't having a period... I'd start this sunday!
    hottiemommy2002

Answer by hottiemommy2002 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2008