I saw a little girl barefoot in the grocery store. What do you think?

The mom had shoes on but her dd who was about 4 was running around barefoot. I hate seeing that!! Even if your kids shoe broke, put them in the cart seat. I just dont get when parents do that!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hmm yeah definitely not the most hygenic choice for a child.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:32 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Yuck! Whatever happened to "no shoes, no shirt, no service?!" LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I think that could be a little dangerous IMHO. At least get her some croc-wannabees or something. Or like you said, put her in the cart.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• well my little one is 2 and is always in the shoping cart but she wears flip flops bc its hot and they fall off when she is in there so i shove them in my purse.
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't let my kids go barefoot in a store. Of course I used to be a manager in a grocery store and I know what all gets on the floors and how often they're actually cleaned.......yuck!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:33 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• if my dd is in the cart then sometime she won't have shoes on. She's 2 and takes them of in the car and refuses to put them back on but if we are going to be walking i'll put shoes on her. But most of the time she has them on.
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 10:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• EWWWWW!!!! I hate that worse than anything. So nasty!!! Poor nasty kid...

I was behind a guy in the walmart parking lot the other day who had a huge loogy he spit on the ground...people do that nasty crap all in the parking lots. Mens dip, used cigs...blahhhh!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:34 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Sitting in the filthy cart is better for the child then walking on floors that are frequently cleaned? I don't think so. What harm would a child's feet do to a store?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:37 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• They do have those sanitizer wipes now to wipe down the handle of the cart, at least in our area here. Glass breaks in grocery stores, this isnt home. Maybe they get all the glass and maybe they dont. All sorts of germs on the floor of a grocery store. Its not a restaurant.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• First of all I use a cart cover that I bring from my car...so its clean...and before I put it on I wipe the cart with a antibacterial wipe.

Have you not seen how BLACK feet get when they walk without shoes in a store....what exactly is that blackness.....ummmm...nastiness maybe.....

Anything in the parking lot gets tracked into the store....mens spit, car oil, gas, I have seen used diapers in a parking lot or even throw up....or food thrown out.....unknown things....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2010