Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Table foods.

What kind of table foods you feed between age 8-12 mths? I still give my daughter a baby foods. Sometime she wants my food like mash potatoes, grits, apple sauce.. And how old the baby can start with finger foods?

 
Bubbles_mommy

Asked by Bubbles_mommy at 10:38 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 14 (1,784 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • lmao..... -1? seriously? hmm, maybe you should do a little research and see that the whole "restricting foods for the first year" theory actually causes food allergies. did you know that 95% of people with peanut allergies are white americans? the other 5% is the rest of the WORLD. america is the only place where people restrict what their babies eat. in other cultures they feed the baby whatever they are eating. peanuts are a huge part of other cultures' cuisine (especially in asia/africa). they feed the baby what they are eating, yet peanut allergies are unheard of. another thing to support this finding is a recent study that shows children with peanut allergies who are constantly exposed to peanuts and not sheltered from them actually will overcome their allergy. don't get me started..... this was my senior thesis for immunology and trust me i spent many hours researching this crap. wonder how many - i'll get for this one?
    princessbeth79

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • mashed potato's small cut up veggies...basicly anthing that is cut up very small i think would be ok
    DeeMarie87

    Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • the only table food i gave my son before he was 1 year old was mashed potatoes, apple sauce, little pieces of bread dipped in his baby foods or sauce, little pieces of speggati, things like that ..
    PURPULbutterfly

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • Just mash up whatever you are having or cut into tiny pieces. I used this website for guidance. Worked great! www.wholesomebabyfood.com

    Katt709

    Answer by Katt709 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • Everyother day she gets applesauce w/ oatmeal in the morning... she's been getting this since starting solids. Apple sauce is like babyfood... you just have to make sure it's "all natural" with the 1st ingrediant being apples.

    I read that at 8 months my EBF DD could enjoy some spices since she's been introduced to lots of stuff through my BM so, I started putting a dash of cinnimon in the apple sauce as well.

    For finger foods, I cut up watermelon, honey dew, string cheese, or those little puffs and put let her grab at them before dinne :)
    MDT09

    Answer by MDT09 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • I never fed my kids or grandson baby food. Just mash a little healthy food with a fork and let the baby feed herself. Make sure all food is nutritious. Some people think eating is for fun or other nonsense in the first year. A baby food company started this myth to sell baby food.

    Gailll

    Answer by Gailll at 10:45 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

  • she can definately eat regular food. anything that is soft enough to mash between your fingers is ok. tender meats cut up small, soft fruits and veggies, potatoes and grits like you mentioned. all of that is ok. i start all of my kids on 'regular' foods at 6 months
    princessbeth79

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN