How many of you would spend the extra $$ to buy organic food for your baby?

I am a stay at home mommy, money is tight with just my huband working. I go without a few things just so I can buyorganic baby food for my baby even though it is more than regular food. Does anyone else feel the same way?

wood1980

Asked by wood1980 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Buy organic babyfood??!?!? Haha! Wood1980 goto wholesomebabyfoods.com

Veggies you bake/steam a puree... some fruits like banana and mango- you can just puree... other fruits like pears you can bake (to soften them) then puree... blueberries, I add a little water then steam

With apples it's cheaper to buy "all-natural" apple sauce (store brand is fine) make sure 1st ingrediant needs to be "apples"

Most bang for your buck are squash, sweet pots, green beans & peas (green beans and peas you can buy frozen and steam, frozen is OK b/c they just flash freeze them fresh anyways)

Feel free to ask me and Qs- I feel like a babyfood pro now :)
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You can always buy organic fruits and veggies and puree them yourself and freeze them in the freezer. Way cheaper and makes a lot too!!!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Organic doesn't have to cost more. I grow a lot of food myself and have access to farmers markets and CSAs. I feed my family 80% organic for much less than my SILs spend on boxed crappy food.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I DO!!!
    tinkerbell319

Answer by tinkerbell319 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I do! I made my baby food tho. . . all organic. . . I don't care if it is more expensive it is better for you :)
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 10:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I only bought a few jars of the organic jarred food and we used that when we went out to eat. At home I cooked up organic frozen or fresh veggies, mashed or pureed them, poured them into a mini muffin pan, and froze them. Way cheaper than buying the organic jars.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• There is a list of the most important fruits and veggies to buy organic. It's worth it to breastfeed and feed your baby these fresh foods. It's not worth it to buy organic formula and special organic baby foods.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I bought organic fruits and vegetables and made my own food.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i always buy my 13 month old organic milk. i try and buy organic eggs but i dont always. besides that, i dont buy much else organic but i do always buy whole grain, whole wheat, brown rice, fresh fruit, & other healthy things.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:41 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't. And if money was tight, I'd make my own baby food--from those fruits and vegetables I already eat--puree with a little water or rice cereal mixed with breast milk or formula.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:43 PM on Jul. 15, 2010