I just bought a new dress today for a wedding I am going to.....

I was so excited to find this dress. It suited all my needs. I haven't bought a dress in a very long time. I have three children so everything goes to them. Finacially I can't spoil myself like this. But now I had an excuse to buy one. When I got the 1st oppurtunity to show my husband becasue I was so excited the first thing he said was that I need to have it taylored to fit me better. I guess I was just so hurt because thats all he could say. Before his comment I felt like a million dollars.
Any feedback.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• sometimes husbands don't understand. Give him the benefit of doubt. Ask him where it should be tailored and go from there.
    purecountry1

Answer by purecountry1 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• That sucks. Men are so stupid sometimes...well most of the time. They say what pops into their head without thinking about how it may make someone feel.

You could take that as a compliment as well though because if you need to have it tailored then you've lost weight right? That's a positive!!!

I would have been hurt too and I probably would have cried about it because I'm a big baby.
    Do try to keep in mind that he most likely meant no harm by the comment. He's just a man.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• He needs to be more excited for you and to learn to read your moods. Is he going to pay for the fitting? I think you should buy a great pair of high heels and knock 'em dead at the wedding.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I brought my first one today at Ross. Wedding is Saturday, u just get yourself together and u go to that wedding with confidence.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• i wouldnt let it bother u.... guys dont normally care about that stuff.... at least he noticed it, he even wants it to look even better on u than b4... just love him and ask a girlfriend what they think
    jtaylor87

Answer by jtaylor87 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Men can be dicks sometimes. (I guess that is why they have Dicks)
    AmandaNaus

Answer by AmandaNaus at 11:05 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Well, at least you didn't ask if it made you look fat...

Don't worry about . Honest, men don't think about this stuff. Go to your sisters or girlfriends for appearance compliments. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 11:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If you felt like a million bucks already, there is no reason to let him drag you down. I'm sure you look great in it, so stay confident in yourself!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• In his little man mind by him saying it needed to be tailored, he probably ment it looked nice but needs to be taken in to make you look really smokin!
    Remember...boys are dumb. :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• Put the dress back on and tell yourself you look like a million bucks. Also, tell your husband that. Sometimes men just need a nudge in the right direction to say something intelligent. I honestly think that their brains are on a time delay and this is why they end up saying or doing stupid things. When you go to that wedding, hold your head up high and be proud of yourself. No matter what DH says.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2010