Landlord?????

So I have posted before about the battle with the black mold and my landlord. But today I get a notice not meant for me but the landlord that was filed Oct of 09. This notice says the house is going to be sold due to him not paying. I signed the lease Dec 17th of 09. Whats this all mean besides we have to move asap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't think you have to move, I would because of the mold. But I am pretty sure that you can stay for the rest of your lease. Because that is a legal contract and the new owner buys it and is then held to it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• You don't necessarily have to move. Usually a new buyer will have to honor leases made before the sale. Of course, I haven't read your lease, so your situation could be different. But generally that's how it is. Read your lease. Otherwise, all that notice means is that the house is being foreclosed on.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If I were you I would talk to someone, It sounds like he should of never rented to place to you guys. Good luck. I hope that everything works out for you..
    AmandaNaus

Answer by AmandaNaus at 11:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It's possible you don't have to move ASAP. But, if it were me and my kidos I would be out ASAP.
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It is going to depend on what happens...
    1. If there is an on going mold problem and the place is sold, yes you may have to move bc of the health issues and
    the time consuming clean up..
    2. If the mold issue is taken care of and the place is sold, or in the process of being sold... then there is a chance that you will
    be able to stay until your current lease is up...
    If there is a phone number on that paper try calling it and to whom you talk to explain how you got it and ask your questions...
    Good Luck, but if you want my personal suggestion... start looking and move... being in a home with black mold is NOT healthy and can take a lot of time to clean up.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:53 AM on Jul. 16, 2010