The death penalty

I am just wondering how most people here on CM feel about the death penalty. Personally, I don't like it and would prefer to have a system where life means life, but prisoners are treated humanely. I do understand and respect other points of view.

Please, let's keep it civil and not bash each other for having different opinions.

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 11:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• How many of you believe that it is wrong to put to death a convicted criminal, but believe it is alright to put to death a innocent unborn baby?

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Well, I dont believe my hard earned tax money that I pay to the state should keep these very dangerous people in jail for life. These murders and rapists who are on death row get one appeal after another. WITH OUR TAX MONEY!! We supply their room, food and board. Sometimes, wait,,,lots of times, these guys are not even sentenced to a pretend death penalty. Lets face it, they sit on death row for years, they are never put to death really. Sometimes,,,they are granted an appeal, and they get to go back to court and a judge gets to hear about what a good person they have been sitting in their little 5X5 cell. Sometimes, they get back out, and they do the same crime again, to another innocent child, or someones mother or father. Bleeding hearts unite. Death row means nothing in todays society. It means special treatment, special circumstances, and a great big fat use of our tax dollars that I work and you work your butt off for!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Nobody punished with the death penalty ever committed another crime.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I wish they'd use it for extreme cases; they put prisoner into therapy, any type of social exposure to get to the root of the issue(because lets face it sick people that do twisted things began a long time ago in their minds as a child, and mom and or dad was either too buisy or just too selfish to see it, face it, or do anything about it so as time went on it went from ideas to actions), then and only then I would agree that that person needs to be taken out of their missery, also if the person shows absolutely no remorse for taking the life of another. I do not think its right that these people get off so easy via death for killing!!!! I think that if a person can kill, rape, or do any other destructive thing to people then they should sit in jail having their actions haunt them for the rest of their life. God said let vengence be His; if we dnt and we take it into our own hands then its out of selfishness and mks us no diff
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• If you kill someone and they have DNA to prove it then you should be killed. If you rape and molest little children...you should be killed. Yup.....that is pretty much how I feel.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I think that people should receive the same punishment as their crime. Good thing I'm not in charge lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i believe in an eye for an eye...if someone kills someone, (on purpose) then the killer should die the same way!!! he/she stabs someone to death, they should get stabbed to death!! so they know what it feels like!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I'm for it, but it's never carried out correctly.. if you murder some one in cold blood/rape or molest a child or a repeat rapist then send them straight to the chair, do not pass go, do not sit there for years, do not collect appeals, just do it and be done with it.

if you are in jail, you should not get TV time, or recess, or any such "fun" activities. You are there to pay for a crime. You should be WORKING to support the system supporting you, not sitting on your butts all day, or being "privileged" to work and earn a few coins..

seriously our system is a joke.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Genesis Chapter 9 verse 6: Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for God made man in his own image.

This, ladies, is the death penalty. When God gave Moses the Ten Commandments, he was talking to us to never kill; however, he had already established the law with Noah as he departed the ark as to what to do with a human if that human sheds anothers blood. Obey the Commandment or face the death penalty. You have to go back to the beginning. Don't start in the middle. If you are going to use scripture, you have to use all the scripture that fits together.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• As a believer in god, I don't think we have the right to decide when and where a person dies. There are people who do not deserve to live, but it should not be our choice. The person put to death doesn't punish the person, but rather it relieves them of living in prison for the rest of their life.
    lawmom27

Answer by lawmom27 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2010