I have to ask this I just saw an answer that made me sick. (Abortion vs. same sex marraige)

How is it that same sex marriage is illegal while abortion is legal? I'm sorry I find this sick. I do believe you have the right to choose abortion though I still believe it is murder it's not my choice it's yours one of which you must live with. However I can't understand how professing love is illegal while murder is not. How does this work? I see more people complain about gays then abortion. Are children not more important then what happens in another's bedroom between two consenting adults.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• what i think is sick is that when you abort a baby it is ok....but when someone else causes the woman to loose the baby it is murder. I was in a car accident when I was pregnant with my first baby...if she would have died, the other driver would have been tried as a killer, but I could have went and aborted her and it would have been fine....
    or when a baby born and then killed it is murder but a late term abortion is not
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i agree 100% bcz my in laws r both lesbians
    samie_01

Answer by samie_01 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• I do not want to discuss my views on abortion, but I do completely understand what you are saying.
    I have ALWAYS believed same sex marriage should be LEGAL. No one tells me who I should love, so why should I tell someone else they are not allowed to love someone of the same sex? Makes no sense to me. Same sex marriage does not harm the world, it doesn't hurt anyone, so why is it still illegal?
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i won't even touch the abortion thing lol. but as for the gay marriage thing, i think that same sex couples should have the same rights as hetero couples. i think it's the term 'marriage' that is in question for me. i think of that as a church thing and i would not say they can be married, but should have the same rights as those who are. does that make sense to anyone else? i'm tired lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• People who are anti gay marriage make no sense to me.

I find it appalling that people can have weddings for their dogs but that same sex couples can't be married.
    They are people, just like us. They should have the same rights as the rest of us.

To me, telling same sex couples they can't get married is exactly the same as telling an inter racial couple that they can't get married, or telling two redheads that they can't get married because their hair is the same colour.

It's ridiculous.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• OMG IM WITH YOU!!! ITS SAD REALLY!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• all im gonna say is AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 15, 2010

• It just shows how well prioritized our country really is. *sarcasm*
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I know what you mean.... I totally believe who you love is who you love... unless your God you have no right to tell anyone who they can love....so it is ridiculous to me that same sex couples can't be married.... All though I will never judge a woman that gets an abortion ( unless you use it as a form of birth control) it is crazy
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Well abortion is not murder by legal definition. That is what matters. I am pro-choice and believe everyone should be able to marry regardless of same sex or not.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2010