Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just need advice please....maybe tmi

no rudeness just wondering!!! well i think that i started my pd, but it is 5 days earlier than last month (i started on sunday the 28) the first day was light pink and just spotting here and there the next day it was dark red and with some blood clots and i am having really bad cramping it makes me want to cry and tuesday its the same way and even heavier and still really bad cramps also today aswell. Saturday i got really sick and my face swelled up not sure from what and it couldnt be an allergic reaction because i ate what i usually do. Not sure if i am pregnant but going to doctor next week. Until the mean time can anyone give me any advice on what to do until then. i have been sick and very frustrated at certain things and very emotional for no reasons at all. No rudeness please.......

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (6)
  • I am not positive, I have never had to deal with one myself, but it sounds like maybe you were pregnant and are experiencing a miscarriage. I wouldnt wait to go to the doctors next week. If i were you, I would go to the ER.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • It doesn't sound to me like typical pregnancy symptoms, but everybody is different. You can have spotting when the fertilized egg implants in your uterine lining, but the heavy bleeding and cramping sounds concerning to me. Have you taken a pregnancy test? Definitely see the doctor asap. Sooner if you develop a fever or have excruciating pain to rule out an ectopic (tubal)pregnancy. I wish you the best and hope you feel better soon.

    Answer by Lovemy2girlsKK at 10:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • i have been having fever since saturday it comes and goes.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • I would get in to see your dr today or soon. If they can't get you in, then I would go to the ER to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. If you call and tell them what's wrong, most dr's will work you in, if not like I said head straight for the ER.

    Answer by tiredmomma06 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • Honestly? Go to your doctor NOW, if that's not possible, go to your urgent care clinic NOW, if that's not possible, go to the ER NOW, if you weren't pregnant & miscarrying, you have a bad infection. Clots & fever are NOT good signs! Please go in somewhere and get yourself seen NOW!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

  • I would take a home pregnancy test to make sure that your not pregnant. I just got over an ectopic pregnancy. I thought what I had was my period but for some reason after bleeding for 5 days I took a pregnancy test that instantly came back positive. I called the doctor and they immediately sent me for hcg blood test. went back 2 days later and hcg went down from previous test. Dr said miscarriage. However they continued to monitor my hcg, it went up slightly and then would not go down. Had to go to a specialist who found an etopic pregnancy in my left tube.


    Answer by slick05 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.