Do you like your job?

I do and I don't. I love my co-workers (best team I've ever worked with in my 7 years with the company), love my managers and love the my job function.

But I don't like that there is not enough of my job to do and so much downtime. :(

Is your job satisfying to you?

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 12:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• I hate my job with a burning passion. I work in fast food and have to deal with the nagging, griping, never satisfied public non-stop and we're always under staffed and I've been promised management for a year now and watched two people get it ahead of me. But I guess that's what I get for living in a town with no job opportunities except fast food, gas stations and wal mart.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• im still trying to find a job! just be happy youve got one. i cant find one anywhere
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Im a SAHM but i would love to work again, i would take anything and be greatful for it in these rough times
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I'm satisfied, I like my boss and some of the people I work with, three times a week I get to get out of the house and get a break from it all.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Mines okay, I like most of the people I work with and for, but sometimes I get bored with doing the same thing over and over again.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 12:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Believe me, I"m very thankful to have a job. Even at my worst, when I feel like just giving it up, I stick with my job, because I know there are others out there struggling to find work. That includes my DH. He's been out of work since last September. Unfortunately, he put himself in that position. I understand his reasons, but when it's coming up on a year in a couple of months, it's very frustrating.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yes vey much
    A11

Answer by A11 at 5:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You have two options. Option one is to look for additional responsibilities. Option two is to start a stealth job search.

I do career and job search coaching; send me a message if you need someone to bounce ideas off of.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:28 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• "You have two options. Option one is to look for additional responsibilities. Option two is to start a stealth job search."

Oh yeah, I've done that. I'm crossed trained on 3 of 5 of the job functions my team has. But like my function, there work is limited too so I don't want to pull away from the work they have. I can however act as a backup if necessary. The other two jobs are a little more complicated and I will eventually cross train on those, but again, sometimes work is limited for them as well. I've offered and even tried to get cross-training on another team (the only one my managers saw a need), but unfortunately same situation with them. Their busiest day, they can't take the time to train because management wants them focused on their work and not have distractions and any other day is very slow like ours so nothing to train with.

I'm going to run out of space before I finish, so I'll just add another reply. :)
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• So anyway, I bide my time with this learning center thing they have on our company website. I've taken about 18 (1 hour) courses. I figure I can probably get through all of them (not sure how many) before the year is out (LOL) and then tackle the longer courses.

I don't want to leave the company, for various reasons, but I will be trying to transfer to another team (with hopefully more duties) later this year when I'm able to (I have to be on my current team for one year before I can apply for another position).

Oops, I took my son outside to play and forgot to submit this before I did, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2010