What do you concider proof of life? Heart beat, brain waves, etc.

I'm just wondering because I was told in a question that an abortion can not be proven as murder. How so if the fetus is living?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Cell division is life. IMO Yes, that includes cancer cells. Watch cell division in a dish, its amazing and it HAS to be alive. If it wasn't alive why would they say KILL the cancer cells. It should be the same with abortion KILL the HUMAN fetal cells.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgLJrvoX_qo
    This is a video of cell division

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnlULOjUhSQ&NR=1
    This is just a video of a white blood cell chasing bacteria.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Conception!
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 1:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Life begans at conception! The heart is formed very very early on. I consider a sperm a living organism that has to fight for its life to make it to the egg and once it does so then life is created from then on.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• all of the above and them some, who ever said that is kookoo for coco pops lol sorry not to offend JMO
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• but I think the other person may have had a point...

abortion can't ALWAYS be proven as murder... there are "gray areas" I guess you can say.. like in the court of law.. you can kill someone, but that doesn't always make it "murder". There is self defense cases of murder, or in cases of war, etc. aka "gray areas".

if you got pregnant from using unprotected sex while willing with a partner, and decided you just didn't want a baby.. sure, that could be premeditated murder.

if you got pregnant while using protection, and found out there were extreme complications, it's more an act of self defense then. A very painful and emotional situation to be in. You don't want to have to put your favorite pet down if it had rabies do you? No, but you know it's for the best in that situation..

I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly or not..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Hasn't anyone ever watched Sesame Street?!? LOL If it breathes, eats, and grows, it's alive. Cells do all that. When the ovum and the sperm combine, we now have a separate and unique DNA combination -- a new cell --> a new life. It's alive, but it requires the mother's body to sustain its life.

Life begins at conception.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• As far as a fetus is concerned, I would consider the heartbeat.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 1:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• scientifically vs. personal beliefs.. there isn't an exact point where there is a line drawn.

so.. basically science has to rely on personal beliefs..

for some, it's not until the baby takes it's first breath outside the womb..
    for some, it's not until the baby is viable...
    for some, it's not until the baby develops a heart beat...
    for some, it's not until it attaches to the wall...
    for some, it's the moment he ejaculates into the vagina...

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I believe conception.
    If single celled organisms can be living things, why is it not a living thing when the egg and sperm meet? It begins its life process there, diving into a million cells and eventually forming a child.
    Now, the question of viability is totally different to me. I believe once the fetus can survive on its own outside of the womb, abortion is wrong, wrong, wrong. Before then... not my body, not my choice.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I work within the guidelines of the law. For a fetus, that would be age of viability-

Heart beat and breathing are controlled by the brain stem, not the individual. You can have zero brain activity and still have a beating heart and involuntary breaths initiated.

My suggestion is that everyone have a very clear and detailed advanced heath care directive on record AND in addition, inform every single family member, of your intentions (preferably in a group setting) so that their is ZERO doubt of your wishes.

We just experienced a very heart breaking death. Few would want to lay in the bed for years, just because they had a heartbeat and were gasping-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010