I went to a cafemom's house.....

I showed up in sneakers, jeans and a shirt. I was clean in appearance and so was my daughter.
She was dressed in heels, a silk blouse and dress slacks with make up, perfume and hair done, like she was going out.
And I showed her my home made purse and she laughed, asking is that yours. I felt so embarrassed. And it was the worst experience ever.
Did I not dress up enough?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 1:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• that's just rude. it says a lot more about her as a person than you that she behaved that way. i prefer people who are more casual and i would love it if i could sew. unfortunately, i just end up getting hurt and/or frustrated when i try. *sigh*
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 1:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My philosophy is that you have to have my respect to insult me. Don't let it get you down. I am impressed you are able to sew a purse. I cannot sew on a button. :)
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• sounds like she was a stuck up b!tc#.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• That was rude. I think you were dressed just fine.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• She just sounds rude it was nothing to do with you or your appearance.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• OK now that I read your next part I see that she is actually perhaps a bit jealous of you that you can be self sufficient and she has to have keep such a high maintenance lifestyle.

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I would just ignore it, sometimes people have there nose stuck up in the clouds so far they assume that the world revolves around them, eventually all them people get a piece of there own medicine when reality slaps them in the face.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Dont worry about it.. You have your style and she has yours. What was it that connected you in the first place.. how you dress should not matter. Kudos to you making your clothes and purse.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• She made me feel terrible! SHe kept aking me how I learned to sew and asked me to tell her how to cook.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• She was rude and her style of dress does not describe her class or lack of it.

However,

if you had talked to her long enough to go to her house then you perhaps should have know her better.

mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2010