they pierced her 1 earing too ....................

only one ear was pierced too high....had em done about five weeks ago just now hating how high it is. do i just remove it and let it close...will it close? do i leave the other one in? how do I do this?!?! no bashing please.

baby is 4 months old

lilbabybugs

Asked by lilbabybugs at 1:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take them both out and hope they heal.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:38 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yeah I would take them out and let them heal closed and try again later.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Bummer. Maybe you can ask your doctor? I have no idea if they will heal quickly since she is so young. I would be tempted to remove both for now.
    love2snorkel70

Answer by love2snorkel70 at 1:46 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Ask the baby's doctor. Since the hole is so big compared to the ear their could be problems with scar formation and/or infection.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• remove them both but keep cleaning them until they heal. Just have them re done later.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• When my sister got hers done (she was about 3 years I think) they did one crooked and they let that one heal and re did it later, but I would have only been 4 at the time so I don't know exactly how long they had been pierced at the time. I would ask a doctor.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 2:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• If you like where the one is leave it, why make her get it done again if its in a good spot. The one you dont like take out because its only been in for 5 weeks it should heal. Give it a month or so to re-do. Good luck next time...FYI pirecing guns are very bad, i know it sounds crazy but getting them pierced with a needle is waaaay safer, and you could find good shops that will do them at the same time. i know it sound scarey, but its way safer.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Agree w/ dilsmommy, the needle is a much better, less painful way to go! Talk to her dr about scar tissue, w/ all my piercings I've taken out I get scar tissue that builds up where the piercing used to be. Make sure to keep the holes clean as they close. Not bashing but this is one of the reasons I haven't gotten my dd's ears done. When she's old enough to clean em then she can worry about whether or not they're straight!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Agreed this is why people should go to a real sanitary proffessional peircing shop.

I hope you use your experience to warn people about how bad guns are and to advise them to wait and not peirce an infant for this very reason. You could really help someone.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• id take just teh one out.that way it will be easier on the baby to just get one when the one heals
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 1:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2010