How do you feel about your in-laws?

love2snorkel70

Asked by love2snorkel70 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I never got to meet my mother in-law because she passed away when my husband was 15 and we didn't meet until he was 26. I loved my father in-law. My husband and I lived with him for a few months and he was just awesome. He understood privacy and boundaries. He kind of kept to himself and never questioned us. We used to sit and talk at the kitchen table every single day. Great conversations. He was a great man. He passed away when I was 5 months pregnant with my daughter, his very first grandchild. He was so excited about meeting her first grandchild and he was just looking forward to it. It tore a hole in my heart the day he passed away. I miss him dearly.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I have a hard time understanding their decisions and it makes it hard to have any kind of relationship with them. I wish it was different. I really do.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i love them. don't get me wrong, there's something things that drive me crazy, but they're overall good people. they're good to my son, which counts more than anything else.
    nemiller

Answer by nemiller at 1:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My father in law is cool. My mother in law has her moments when she's cool. I have a lot of respect for them because they raised an AMAZING man! His brother is OK, but his sister is the biggest B-word ever!! I have done everything to be nice to them. I just dont get how if we are happy and have an awesome marriage why they cant just be happy for us. I will never be good enough to them. It sucks, but putting up with them is so worth having my husband!! I would do it 5000 times over for him!
    AndysQueen

Answer by AndysQueen at 1:53 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We got off to a rocky start and there may still be some hidden resentment, but for the most part I like them. I rarely agree with the decisions they make sometimes, but I try to look past it. My dh is close with his parents, so it doesn't do any good to nit pick their flaws. It falls on deaf ears with him.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 2:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't even trust my in-laws to watch my goldfish.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 2:34 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I love my MIL to death!! Sadly, my FIL passed away 31 years ago, so I never had the pleasure of meeting him. My MIL has since remarried, and I can not stand that man! He is rude, crude, and just plain NASTY! There is no way I would ever consider him my FIL!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• They are great, couldn't ask for better ones

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Love my MIL and stepFIL. They are like my own parents. don't know where i'd be without them.
    my FIL is distant. but i like him well enough. he's just now breaking up with his wife. thank god. she's an effing b!tch.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I can't stand my mil she was horrible to my husband his whole life and she is the biggest and fakest bitch ever she treats me lke shit so I'll probablyy never like or respect her
    lovie04256

Answer by lovie04256 at 4:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2010