Should I feel guilty or should I even go?

My dad wants to take my kids to Medieval Times in Dallas at the end of July. My dilemma is that I lost my job at the end of June and really do not have the money to go but my dad wants me to go and will probably even buy my ticket for me to go. Should I feel guilty about the expense since I am not employed at this moment or should I just go and enjoy myself. Part of this trip would be getting to see my family that I have not seen since April when my grandmother passed away.

MKSmom09

Asked by MKSmom09 at 3:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• i thinnk you should go and enjoy yourself and your family. everyone gets in this situation at one time or another. if you would feel more comfy, then talk to your dad and tell him how you are feeling. i wish i could give you a big hug and send you a big fat check to help your situation. if i had it i would totally do it. i wish everyday to win the lotto or something so i can help people. much love to you momma! it will get better, talk to your dad. after all he is your dad. he will understand your anxiety and most likly make you feel much better. good luck, and keep your chin up. you deserve a vacation! sorry about your grandma.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 3:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Tell your dad how you feel. If he says he wants to do this for you and there is nothing you should feel guilty about, then go and ham it up and have the best time you can have in an afternoon with your dad and your kids. (I'm laying bets that is the final outcome)...you don't want to rob him of the joy of doing something nice for you and the kids because you feel guilty about it, do you? But be honest with him, he deserves that. At least you can go without worrying about feeling guilty about being there the entire time because you talked it out first.
    I've been to Medieval Times in SC and it was a BLAST!! If you go, take a camera!! You'll want LOTS of pix! :) And have FUN!! Sounds like you need a break. GOOD LUCK! :)
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 6:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• If your dad wants you to go and wants to buy your ticket just say thank you and enjoy the time with your family. You can always repay the favor by taking him out when you get back on your feet.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• If he offers to pay, I would go. You are probably stressed out and need to take a break and relax. If not, I wouldn't ask him to pay because I would feel too guilty. Just explain your circumstances and he should understand.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 3:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• He knows my circumstances as he is here nearly daily(not much to do at his house and my baby nephew Dylan is here, lol). He just wants me to be able to do something fun with my kids this summer but I have been feeling really guilty, because my sister(whom I live with) is paying the bills here and not expecting anything from me. My mom and dad are already going to be giving me money to take care of my cell bill and my personal items. I just am not used to being in this boat. I am used to pretty much taking care of everything I need myself
    MKSmom09

Comment by MKSmom09 (original poster) at 3:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• If he offers to pay, just go and have a good time. You need to be around family, it is the best thing for you and your kids. Oh and drink alot of water and wear sunscreen it is hot out here in the DFW area!
    NOLANandKT

Answer by NOLANandKT at 3:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Go & enjoy yourself, this is one of the perks of having family members who love you & help you financially when you're down. If it weren't for my parents helping me every now & again I'd have been homeless & never would've met my hubby! Take a minute & say thank you to whatever it is you believe in for giving you such a great family!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Go and have fun!! Someday you can do something special for him once you have the money. Enjoy!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:42 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I am sure that he knows you are out of work and can not afford it. I think he wants to do something nice for his DA and grandchildren.
    tommysweet

Answer by tommysweet at 7:09 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Go and enjoy yourself. Your Dad probably wont even so much as think about the financial part of it.. he is your Dad and probably wants nothing more than to spend time with you and your family.
    hollysybb

Answer by hollysybb at 1:58 AM on Jul. 17, 2010