Has anyone heard of EC or trying to do EC?

I love the fact this is about bonding with my LO! I enjoy BF and the thought of bonding with myDD in another way is great. Plus this is something my husband can do with her (since right now DD is only BF). I am hoping my DS will like to help me with this also. I am trying to do it part time. For me, I would go crazy and be stressed out to do it full time. I am holding her above the potty when I change her diapers. Just wondering if anyone else is doing EC part time and if it working/enjoying it with their LO?

NOLANandKT

Asked by NOLANandKT at 3:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What does EC stand for??
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• EC = elimination communication

I am doing so successfully. Daddy does it to, but isn't as impressed yet. lol He just doesn't have past experience to compare how easy it is :) We've not used diapers at all for a month, and mmy baby isn't quite 10 months old. Accidents are few.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1608109/Elimination_Communication_Path_to_a_Diaper_Free_Baby
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I did that with my third baby. I loved it. We did it part time and she was fully out of diapers by 2 years old. (She was out at 18 months, but decided to go back to diapers after about a month)
    My current baby is not to into it, so I'm not pushing it. We try the potty from time to time, but use cloth diapers most of the time. Going coverless, I can tell as soon as he pees and get him changed quickly. That helps with him feeling dry at least.
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2010