If you wanted to become a wedding planner how would you go about doing it. A lot of people are saying that you do not have to go to college for that is that true or not. One last thing does anybody think it wouls be stupid to become a wedding planner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• it's not stupid. you can actually make a lot of money from it. the thing is you have to be gifted with aesthetics, disciplined, sociable, well connected and you can afford to go without a client for several months at a time since your still starting out.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• no not all atupid, i think i could be a great one
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My friend became one. She started out helping another lady first and then started to get her own clients. She is busy like every weekend though.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 6:13 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• No its not stupid first u have to advertise so u can get your business started.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:19 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Nothing that works (and is legal) is stupid. Do what you enjoy and if you can deal with crazy brides and picky MIL's go for it. My mom worked in a bridal shop for a few years and said she'd never do it again. She said they were nuts! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 9:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Wedding Planner here! I was were you are a few years ago. I actually went through Ashworth Univercity and I am going to have a double certification next year through another school as well. Of course I don't need the second one, but I want it. My mother thinks a wedding planner is the stupidest job on the planet, she just sees no need for it. But I like to ignore her! My focus is saving my couple at least as much as they pay me, but hopefully more and still get the dream wedding they want. The average wedding in the US runs $10K & most store bought planner books do suggest getting an actual WP because it takes all the stress off the bride & her family. You can also work with any number of companies. While schooling isn't 100% required by most states to start business, if you want to work for or with a group or company, you will need the certification. Schooling isn't $$$! I can give you some websites if you want!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:38 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I would start by learning how to get certified (this link may help http://www.acpwc.com/home/). You may get lucky, and find an event planner willing to let you appretice or intern...

Answer by rkoloms at 1:32 PM on Jul. 16, 2010