What do you think of this idea

I was reading an e-mail that said an easy party to throw would be a "sandwich" party. Everyone brings their favorite thing to put on a sandwich. The host/hostess just provides bread, condiments and drinks. I was thinking of doing one, but I don't know what people would think.

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I think it's a good idea. I really don't like going to parties where they don't have anything I like to eat- I'm not picky I just don't like processed junk- so this would enable people to bring things that they find appealing.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 3:58 PM on Jul. 18, 2010

• New take on potluck, fun idea!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• What would be the occasion? Just for fun? I think it sounds like a cute idea!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 6:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You could do the meat and cheese and bread and just ask people to bring toppings (lettuce, tomato, onions, olives, pickles, any other toppings etc.) condiments, sauces, chips, sides like potato salad or pasta salad, desserts.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We did this once with a taco salad type thing. I think she called it mexican hat tacos. Everyone brought a different taco salad ingredient. The host provided the taco meat, and everyone brought something to add to it. It was SO good!!
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 2:45 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• It sounds like fun. If you do the meats just have your friends bring different types of bread. Make sure everyone knows the time,if they are bring meats then have something ready to keep the cold, ice bowls. Decorate the table in a way to get a conversation going and have a challenge to see who will throw the next party. Like a cookie or cupcakes or even hamburgers.
    Don't get to stressed out about it though. I hope it goes well.
    leftshorty

Answer by leftshorty at 2:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I dont think I would this. If I had a party and served sandwiches I would put lots of choices so people can decide what they want, but I wouldnt ask them to bring their food; at least this is my idea. Everybody is different.

take care
    mommy_sam

Answer by mommy_sam at 6:37 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My sister in law does pot luck get togethers every month.. the sandwich one was horrible... people would arrive at different times.. and all that meat and stuff left out looked really gross... not sure this would be a good idea .. lol

I think get togethers should be around a BBQ grill, but that's the way I raised :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 6:51 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I have had one that it was great... I was done for my book club i have them meet at my house once a month and they loved it...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• That actually sounds like a really good idea. As long as it's planned well and people know to come on time, it should work out wonderfully. OR if you're worried about the meat & cheese sitting out, you could provide that (have it refrigerated or on ice the whole time) and just have people being different condiments (i.e. artichoke spread, pesto, roasted red pepper pate, cole slaw, potato salad, hummus, olive tapenade - these are all awesome on sandwiches)
    tavczakbabe

Answer by tavczakbabe at 11:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2010