How can I get an ink stain of my clothes?

mommy_sam

Asked by mommy_sam at 6:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• supposedly you spray it w/ hairspray & blot it up. Didn't work for me cuz hubby didn't tell me about the ink stain & by the time I saw it it'd been thru the dryer grrrrr they were a good pair of pants too!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 6:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• If it's not been through the dryer, you can use hairspray - spray it, then take a toothbrush to it and scrub it. Rinse in cold water frequently. Then, take some powdered laundry detergent and scrub it in with the toothbrush also. (I found a circular motion works best, but one of the battery operated toothbrushes could probably work great for this, too.)

Depending on the fabric and the color of the fabric and the color of the ink, how much is on it, etc, this is a good way to get it out. It just takes a LONG time and a LOT of elbow grease!

good luck!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Place the washable garment on a towel, stain-side down. Lightly dampen a cloth with rubbing alcohol (test an inconspicuous area of the garment first to make sure the fabric is alcohol-safe), and use this to dab the stain from the opposite side of the fabric -- just dab, don’t rub. Don’t dab from the stain side, which can push ink further into the fabric. Continue dabbing until no more ink comes off onto the dabbing cloth or towel beneath. (Move the towel frequently so that there is always a clean area under the stain to absorb the ink.)

Apply stain pretreater or liquid laundry detergent directly to the remaining ink stain, let it set for a few minutes, then wash according to the garment’s care instructions. Air-dry.

Never put any stained item into a dryer. The dryer’s heat makes any stain that remains more difficult to remove.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Carbona has a stain remover for that.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Spray a ton of hairspray on it and then blot with a paper towel. Then wash before wearing it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Pay for the item next time. lol
    J/k the hairspray trick worked for me.
    3lilqts

Answer by 3lilqts at 2:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• bump.
    3lilqts

Answer by 3lilqts at 4:41 PM on Jul. 16, 2010