Anyone Else's Kids Driving Them NUTS!?

My DD is 14 months old. I knew that she was getting tired, so I changed her diaper, breastfed her and got out her mat for nap. She proceeded to scream at me and throw the biggest tantrum.... for like 10 minutes, then walked over to her books... and looked through them.. and fell asleep on the floor just now, two feet from her mat.

UGH. I wish she could understand me better when I say, shh shh.. it's not a bad thing.. it's just nap time. It's a little earlier then yesterday.. guess she woke up too early!

MomtoElliett

Asked by MomtoElliett at 6:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My kids drive me crazy on a regular basis. Somedays I think they want to see if they can send me to the state mental hospital.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:54 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Please, please, please enjoy these moments to the best of your ability. Consider it a lesson for you in developing your patience and tolerance. Pretty soon, you'll be begging her to shut up! Then when she's a teenager, you'll have to pull her teeth out to get her to open her mouth! Point is: it's always something.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:21 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• It is your kids job to drive you nuts. lol You might want to get into a routine with her, Start with what you did.... but then add reading 1 book. I also put in sleepy time bedtime music for my sons at naptime. It helps to calm and soothe them plus it also helps to block out the daytime noises that are going on
    good luck mom :-)
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I just wish she could communicate! I can't wait for that age! My mom says I'll regret wanting her to talk though lol
    MomtoElliett

Comment by MomtoElliett (original poster) at 6:59 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Or maybe her be able to talk and say... read me a story first... ugh.
    MomtoElliett

Comment by MomtoElliett (original poster) at 7:00 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• my son is forever screaming...i feel bad for my neighbors..its not a bad scream he is just loud.. if he sees the cat or dog he screams for them.... i guess i kinda got used to it. now he will play in his room until he falls asleep.... then i let him sleep where he wants to. sometimes it does give us a headache all the screaming he does... but oh well... my mother cursed me with the old saying..." i hope you have one just like you..." lol
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• well, I agree its MUCH Easier when they can communicate - although my son is over 2-1/2, he now just says NO instead of listening lol!! so yes, he can communicate, but that does not mean he listens! plus, he used to wake SO horribly crabby from his naps that we are actually glad he's done with them!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• all mine start on reg. sleep/nap schedule ASAP! I really dont have that issue, but I do have the issue with them oulling my flowers out front! GRRR!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:51 AM on Jul. 16, 2010