what happened to answering anyomously?

before you could answer questions anyomously and now I don't see that options. I asked a private question anyomously and went in to answer someones question and add some things and I could do it w/ out giving my name....
kinda defeats the purpose.

cuteasabutton78

Asked by cuteasabutton78 at 7:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• There is now a level system where you earn your right to answer anon. You can answer anon when you reach level 16. There are also options to 'vote up' an answer when you agree with it or think it is a bad answer. You eventually will earn the right to 'vote down' an answer when you think it is bad advice or think the person is being rude. You earn points by asking questions, answering questions, bumping up questions and voting up. If you answer is voted down, you can lose points if it reaches the negative numbers.

We have all stated that the OP should have the right to answer anon if they ask anon. Most people have just been reasking the question and stating other details to remain anon.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• there is a group called "phi beta mamas" that explains the new system and its the place to go to express your opinions. :) since it started it has cut back on the mean anon responders quite a bit.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Gotta be a level 16 to answer anonymously.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 7:59 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• hhhmmmm did not know that I rarely used the anon anyway
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:07 AM on Jul. 16, 2010