air conditioning makes your sinuses go crazy?

Anyone else have problems in the summer with going in and out of the air conditioning? also spending so much time inside(as its too hot to take a baby out in it)the air conditioning gives you a sinus infection?

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 7:46 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Health

• Air conditioners take the moisture out of the air. This can dry out the mucus membranes in your sinus cavities causing over production of mucus & infections. Use a saline nasal spray frequently to keep them moist.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I don't have problems with it but I know my sister does just awful. I would talk to your doctor and see if there is anything you can do or maybe the pharmacist

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i always have problems with my eyes. its like im crying all the time from the a/c ... and it being hot yes...so hot... yesterday my neice got a sunburn just sitting in the car for a few minutes to go to the store. lol
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 8:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I've had a sinus problem for months now, so it could be the AC.

Answer by Bmat at 9:02 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• motherofhope I use it daily, ty :)...ty to all who answered. at least now I know its not just me. :)
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2010