Has anyone has success with 'The Contented Little Baby Book'?

Did you have success after applying the routines? And if so, then when did your baby start sleeping through the night?
I know that many people don't agree with putting babies on routines so please keep those comments to yourself. Thanks!

kboney29

Asked by kboney29 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I live by routine! My son has thrived on his routine he is 3 months now and since about 6 weeks i have started a routine, it may not be exact on a time schedule but we try to do the same thing every day. For example, in the morning I unswaddle him and turn his mobile on so he can wake him self up, at nap time he gets swaddled and i turn on his cd's, and at night cereal, bath and bottle.

Routines help you and the baby know what is coming next. When I taught pre-school, my class knew what was coming and knew what to expect. when we changed the schedule class was chaotic. SO even at that age they thrive on routine!

I hope this helps.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 10:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i havent heard about the book.. but heres what we did... i had my son on some what of a routine since he was born. he was a NICU baby so his feeding time was def. routine and we kept the same schedule when we got home. but i actually put him on a daily schedule at about 4 months. during the day we wake up about 6 he eates plays till nap time at 10 sleeps from 1 -2 hours wakes up eats again plays till his next nap at around 3 he nurses about 4ish and at 6:30 has his dinner 1 tub veggies 1/2 tub fruit then its bath book bobbie and in bed by 8:30. he has been sleepin through the night since 5 months. our daily schedule isnt exactly on time it varies slightly but the evening schedule is on time and thats the one i think is important. it has worked for us very well. good luck..
    jaxonsmmy

Answer by jaxonsmmy at 12:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2008