How pregnant were you when you stopped sleeping on your stomach?

Was it b/c it was uncomfortable or b/c you werent suppose to?

I heard someone say that about 10 weeks you should NOT sleep on your stomach even if it felt ok...but I really have never heard that before.

I am 10 weeks now and I can sleep sort of catty cornered on a body pillow, not directly on my stomach but sort of in between. Is that ok?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was a stomach sleeper. I asked my doctor about his when my (now ex) husband expressed concern over me sleeping on my stomach. she said I could do it as long as it was comfortable, but sleeping on my left side would be better, but if I found my self waking up and I had turned onto my stomach, not to be concerned. It got uncomfortable for me around 4 months.
    The funny thing is--I never went back to sleeping on my stomach. I know consistantly sleep on my left side.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I was 12wks. I got paranoid and stop. I was a stomach sleeper too. It took me awhile to go back to sleeping on my stomach after I had my daughter.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• i think you're ok... i sleep kind of like that now (on a body pillow) and I'm 23 wks... I stopped sleeping directly on my stomach about 10 wks because it wasn't comfortable anymore, like I was laying on a rock haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:53 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• as long as your are comfortable. there's no medical reason to stop. i slept on my tummy sometimes using a body pillow. laying flat on the floor or bed was uncomfortable, but the pillow made it more comfortable.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 11:10 AM on Jul. 16, 2010