Thinking bout relocating

Wanted to hear from the moms that live in Texas thinking bout relocating there but I'm not sure where is a good town to start. We are a young family and have three children ages 8, 3 and 2. Any advice will greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Travel

• I have realtives in Houston. They are not happy with the schools. I would research the schools, if you are going to use the public schools. There are evaluations online for the nations' public schools. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• San Antonio and Austin are both nice. My mom lived in San Antonio for a short time before her company moved her to Houston. She hates Houston and plans on moving back to San Antonio after she retires. My SIL lives just outside of Austin and they love it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Thanks! I have done some research re: schools and it seems like the outskirts of Austin are nice. Thanks again
    threenapuppy

Answer by threenapuppy at 10:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I live in Fort Worth. I love it! Some of the surrounding school districts are pretty good (Keller, Grapevine-Colleyville, Eagle Mountain Saginaw, and Northwest ISDs to name a few of the better districts). I have also lived in and around Houston (Clear Lake area), and I didn't like living there very well. From talking to friends that live in and around Austin, it is more expensive to live there than anywhere else in the state.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2010

• I have never lived in TX, but I have had people tell me the most outsider friendly region is the Dallas/FW area. While San Antonio and Austin are nice, the locals tend to ignore "outsiders."
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2010