At what age is a child too old to see his/her opposite sex parent naked?

Some families are very open about nudity, and others are more private. At what age do you think a child should no longer see the opposite sex parent nude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• It all depends on how you handle nudity in your family. Children can be raised seeing their parent nude as long as they are taught right from the beginning that not everyone accepts nudity, bodies are different, we only touch our own, things like that.
    At any point that the child seems uncomfortable with nudity that is when it needs to be stopped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• In my opinion when the child startes oogling and asking questions about why you have something they don't is when I stopped letting my sons see me naked. Of course you want to educated your children but there is a line between education and the child having more curiosities then is age appropaite. I would suggest that you do what is in your heart to do. If you are comfortable then continue until you feel and uncomfortableness arise. That is your inner self telling you hey...enough is enough. Good Luck
    kelleymagee

Answer by kelleymagee at 10:31 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would say when the child starts developing. My girls are both developing and that's when the changes and acknowledgement that daddy is different then them really sets in, so I have told them not to come out naked themselves and my husband is not naked around them either.
    seakla

Answer by seakla at 10:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My family is very open about nudity,b ut my husband does not want either of our kids (boy or girl) to see him naked. He is not as weird about it with our son but is with my daughter (3). I think its a personal choice in families. A body is a body. You were born naked. There is the time and place obviously. But as long as it is not made into a big deal then it never turns into a big deal.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I say when the kid,,boy or girl ,,starts saying things like eeww your naked,put some cloths on,,,or starts looking embarrassed.

Answer by louise2 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I AM OK WITH MY DAUGHTER SEEING HUBBY NAKEY (1 1/2) AT THIS POINT, BUT HE ISNT. IT BOTHERS HIM. HE DOESNT WANT HER TO DEVELOP A CURIOOSITY AT A YOUNGER AGE THAN NESSACARY. I KIND OF AGREE WITH HIM, BUT PART OF ME WOULD RATHER SHE KNOW THAT BOY AND GIRLS HAVE DIFFERENT BODY PARTS EARLY ON SO THAT SHE DOESNT NEED TO EXPERIMENT LATER ON. I THINK THAT IT DEPENDS ON THE FAMILY AND THE CHILD. I WOULD FOLLOW YOUR GUT INSTINCT. AS SOON AS THERE IS A FEELING OF DOUBT THEN I WOULD PUT A STOP TO IT. I REALLY THINK THAT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT, AND THAT PEOPLE WHO HAVE THEIR HEADS ON RIGHT CAN PROBABLY GO WITH THEIR OWN JUDGEMENT AND BE JUST FINE.
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2008