How did you find your baby sitter?

We have only been in this town for a year and half. All of our family lives away. We live in a older neighborhood wiht mostly retired people. I don't know where to look for a baby sitter. Where did you all find/meet your sitters?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Look at care.com and sittercity.com for possible connections in your area.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:51 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Mine is my cousin.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We've only ever used my MIL....she came with excellent references and work history!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:48 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I hafe daycare through work net pinellas. they gave me a list af all the day care/ in home care providers in my area i just wnet to each one till i found one i loved!
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Mine gave birth to me, and our other gave birth to my husband. :-)
    Try going to the park or somewhere like that and start talking to other moms. Ask them where the best place to look is. You can also ask the ped. where you could look for one in your town.
    Also try putting an ad in the paper saying what you need and when. Ask for references, experience and all that. If you go that route, invest the little bit of money and have a background check done on the ones you like most.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• more.............and follow all the security advice at each website
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:52 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• babysitters.com or care.com
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I never had one i was not very trusting of others with my girls ...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• We go to a great church, so there are a few single teachers, one especially that I trust completely! She watched them for 2 days, stayed overnight, and when I got home, they couldn't stop talking about all the fun they had! She took them on a picnic, a hike, played games with them, and they made us "Welcome Home" banners too!!! She's a keeper!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 10:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I made a friend through a playdate group and she was a stay at home mom. She watched my daughter for about 6 months till I became a stay at home mom too. It was good for my daughter because her daughter was only 2 months older and they got to interact with eachother everyday!
    Dodie702

Answer by Dodie702 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2010