Is this a good daily food plan for my 8 Month Old?

He has 4 bottles a day

breakfast usually cereal mixed with fruit

lunch usually veggies

dinner usually meat w/ veggies and fruit for dessert

No finger foods really because he only has 2 teeth

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds great but you need to start finger foods. The earlier you introduce texture and finger foods...the happier you'll be in a few months. ***Introduce as much as you can before 1 year...that's when they start getting picky! Start with Baby Mum Mums...they're a perfect first food. Then try some puffs. Then small bits of banana coated in finely ground cheerios (helps them pick it up..less sticky). Then cheerios. Then avocado. Then any steamed fruit/veggie. THE RULE IS: IF YOU CAN MASH IT AGAINST THE ROOF OF YOUR MOUTH USING ONLY YOUR TONGUE, THEN BABY CAN HANDLE IT WITH NO TEETH. (Or if it melts in your mouth...i.e. puffs, cheerios, then baby can gum it). Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• My son is 9.5 months old and he doesn't have a daily food plan. Remember that up until 1 year thier diet should be a majority of formula or breast milk with foods as snacks and to explore texture and taste.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 10:05 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• how many ounces are his bottles?
    maggiebella25

• Looks good...My little one loves yougart...She also will not touch the baby food any more so we had no choose to start the table food (she only has two teeth as well) cut his food as small has you can so he doesn't really have to chew it but he starts to learn to do it himself. With my oldest I just SLOWLY made the pieces bigger. Just stay close in case he starts choking.

When he gets older he will fight you tooth and nail to eat so try anything and everything health, My son is suck on butter and bread right now and thats all he will eat.

Good luck
    littlefee89

Answer by littlefee89 at 10:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• that sounds great i think everyone does somthing diff. i do rice cereal with fruit in am veggies for lunch and veggies and meat for dinner and milk with every one :D i give my son finger foods. he loves them im sitting right there while he eats them :D. my son is also 8 mnths and has two teeth
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 10:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• sounds fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:12 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• That sounds good to me. :) As long as he is getting a good amount of formula as well then he should be fine. :)

Mine will be 4 months tomorrow and I already give him baby food and have been for a few weeks. He was ALWAYS hungry! lol

So now he eats about 4-6 bottles a day (some with cereal in it to thicken it up for him and some without) and 1-2 jars of baby foods. I give him more veggies right now but that's just to ensure he will continue to eat them. I have started giving him a jar of veggies at his 10 am feeding and most nights either another veggie or a fruit at dinner time around 6. And the darndest thing is that he LOVES to eat when everyone else does! He has been doing that since about two months old, lol. It's like he realized everyone else was eating and figured he would join us. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You can give him foods to feed himself. he shouldhave a pincer grip developing. At that age my toothless baby was eating peas, quartered bluberriies, cut up grapes, and all kinds of small pieces of fruit and veggie. at 10 months she still has no teeh and can gum chew just fine. You don't need baby food or cereal.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2010