Birthday Party

We're having a Pirate theme birthday party for my sons first birthday & I wanted to know if anyone had any good ideas for food or decorations. We plan on making it Red & Black with some other colors. We're getting the gold coins & a treasure chest. I just can't think of anything else.

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 10:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go to: http://www.orientaltrading.com. there is a pack of pirate theme birthday supplies.
    If you havent sent out invitations, i would make them look like bottles and have them be "messages in a bottle" For food I would do chicken nuggets.. {{ call them golden nuggets}} or fish sticks, You can do kabobs... Its a little hard for a 1 yr old.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• go to a party store or go to a dollor store to get more red &black
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• get the red and black steemers and twist them and put them up from corner to corner on the celing and get some balloons, get little red and black party bags and stuff them with little an eye patch and like gold coins..
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 10:39 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I bought a pack of temporary pirate tattoos at Walmart yesterday too & I thought we could have a little place where the kids could get tattoos put on if their parents would let us.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You could make cupcakes and decorate them with icing, with pirate themed things. It will take work, but it could be fun. Maybe you could have them dig for buried treasure in a little sand box (small bucket), and put little prizes or toys in there. You could possibly look for pirate pictures online or coloring pages and hang them up around the house and then let kids pick one or two down and color them? Good luck.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I like the sand box idea. We could get the colored sand they sell in bags & hide pirate things in it. I found a site that had a bunch of coloring pages but I wasn't sure if they would be able to do them. He's my first so I don't really know what all one year olds can do.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2008