How much is $700 billion?

Perhaps that's a tough one for some of us "main streeters" to wrap our heads around...must admit, i was somewhat shocked when i read a news piece by the same name as this post (see link info below)...hadn't quite thought of it in such specific terms.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/howmuchis700billion

So, how much do you think $700 billion is?

FYI...Jovenaee, made a post that makes the most sense I've heard yet for dealing with this whole Wall Street Bailout mess (even though I still think it's unconstitutional to utilize taxpayer $ in this manner). It's a proposal by a credible financial whiz. Here"s the link to her post:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read.php?post_id=1234144&commented=1#comments

entrepreneuHER

Asked by entrepreneuHER at 10:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow! Who is that guy? Maybe HE should be our next Prez, lol.
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 11:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• We love Dave Ramsey, too! He is down to earth and knows what he is talking about. Early in his marriage, they made bad mistakes resulting in bankruptcy. He is now a millionaire with ZERO debt. His wife has stayed during their entire marriage.

His website, www.daveramsey.com, will give you steps and tools to be on your way to change your situation, too, as long as YOU do the work to get there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• That is supposed to say, "His wife has stayed home during their entire marriage." My brain gets ahead of my fingers alot. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• We have now experienced a $1.2 trillion market loss money.cnn.com

I am now trying to put this one into perspective
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2008

• BlueSaphire, thanks for the link. I wonder how much of the loss includes market corrections that were bound to happen sooner or later. The market losses appear to be aligned with expected economic cycles.
    entrepreneuHER

Answer by entrepreneuHER at 12:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• As I remember, our last recovery was "jobless", and some regions are still recovering from this.

For the current economic loss, the question is how and how deeply?
    I'm trying to find an experienced opinion. I'm finding everything from "the worst since the depression" to "We've been through worse, it's not the end of the world".
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• That number is so huge I can't even begin to fathom it.
    Anonymous

• Here are some other great numbers I found that help put it into perspective...
    * It is almost $150 billion more than has been spent on the Iraq War since the invasion in 2003
    * It is equal to $2,300 payment for every person in the United States, and more than $100 for every person in the world
    * It is enough to buy 233,333 Super Bowl ads
    * It could build 400 space shuttles
    * It could purchase 3.5 billion iPhones
    * It could purchase 700 billion items from the dollar menu at McDonalds

cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My fav was the CNN thing: every single American could have 200 McDonalds apple pies everyday for a year.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 2:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2008