Is it still OK to plant roses? I'm in MO

Is is still planting season for roses? What kid of roses I should plant? I live in Missouri and we are moving to a new home. My new garden is 'always sunny'.

thanush

Asked by thanush at 10:57 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would wait until fall. It's not a good idea to plant during the summer months because the roots are not established yet & they could die off much easier with all the heat. I would wait until fall time, this way the rose Will produce nice roots without the heat messing with them until winter & then they will go dormant & in the spring will begin to root & grow again. Summer is the worst time of year to plant anything, there is very Little chance of survival without a good root production.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• The best place to go and ask this question would be your local plant nursery. They would be able to tell you exactly what type of plants grow well in your area and how to take care of them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:03 AM on Jul. 16, 2010