Is there anyone else that feels this way? adult content

I have been dating my SO for a year and some months. My feeling for him has change meaning I love him but I am not in love with him. The guy that I am in love with is my current best friend (guy) which who also took my virginity. We have always had connection and share the same morals. He is what I crave for....he is stable, intelligent, understanding. I always wanted a man like my father...and he is that man. The only thing that is keeping us from each other is my job here in ATLANTA and his business in ALABAMA that is only a 4 hour trip. Like I said before he is an AWESOME MAN. We always stayed in contacted with each other until he got married...I respect marriages 100% so I never called him because of that and his ex-wife really didnt like me. I need for someone to tell me if they are in this position or was in this position and what did you do?

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• How does this other guy feel about you? My thoughts would be no matter what if you dont have feelings anymore for your SO then you need to end it. Let him know how you are feeling. Just dont rush into another relationship right away. Its never good. Take your time. Hope all works out for you!
    branmomma32

Answer by branmomma32 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Decide which is more important, the man or the job. For me it would be easy....Life is short...I'd be moving to AL.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Honestly, you are completly wasting your boyfriends time and what your doing to him is wrong. You need to let him go so he can find someone that truely loves him and wants to be with him. This is why I don't support having opposite sex friends when your supposed to be in a comitted relationship. JMO - Your friend, if you want to be with him then your going to need to move, or he is. But before you figure out how to be with him, you need to take care of your situation with your SO. GL
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 11:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• if he feels the same way about you, then move to AL. thats what life is all about taking chances!
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 11:27 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• @ allfiller. My SO is very aware of my feeling and have been for a while I have been communicating with My SO trying to get him to understand that I need a companion that wants more out life then sitting at home all day. As far as wasting his time...that is not true I have explain to him what I want and need from him but he fails to come thru. Me and my SO have made plans to depart..meaning I will move back to another part of GEORGIA and will move back the wherever. Its hard out her and I cant take care of man and I damn sure is not about to waste my time on someone who dont want what I want.
    mom42107

Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• He feel the same way as me..but he cant get me to leave my job. I always told myself that I will never quit my job for a man. I have been INDEPENDENT for a long time. Its hard for me to DEPENDENT on someone else to take care of me and my child. I dont want to move to ALABAMA because my daughter biological lives in the same area that I will consider moving to and he is the real reason that I move from AL in the 1st place. I know its a benefit for my daughter but her father and his other child mother is full of DRAMA. Ladies, this diffcult.
    mom42107

Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Hello fellow Atlantan!

I have not been in your shoes. But, i think you're doing godo by ending it with your surrent SO. You are obviously aware that this relationship is going no where. Glad you are taking steps to move along. Once you are %100 single, i would contact him. An email or phone call. Is he still married, because i noticed you said "ex wife". Take it slow. Email & chat on the phone with him for a while to see if you guys relly would be compatible. You can take weekend trips out there too. If he it's a match made in heaven, i think it's be worth moving...lol
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:44 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• you can still quit your job & be independant. Just keep your eyes out for a promising job in AL.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:45 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• how about breaking off the current SO and applying for jobs in the new location before you move and just because bio dad lives nere the want to be SO doesnt mean you have to see him either....my ex n laws live down the street from my brother and i dont see them when i visit its that simple.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2010