would you? Lots of questions at the end.

i've been wondering how an old friend of mine is doing? (a REALLY OLD friend..child hood playmate) I found his brother on facebook and emailed him and we talked and he told me that his brother (the one i'm wanting to contact) does not have a facebook page but his wife does...would you contact her and tell her you were just wondering how her dh was doing and that you were a childhood friend... would that be weird? could it cause problems for them? how would you react if someone did that? and what would you say if you were going to send that message to the wife?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• i would not contact his wife, it could backfire in your face. Give your email address to the brother & ask if his brother can give it to him. He must at least have an email address.

I know that if some lady contacted me saying she was my husbands dear friend from childhood, i would be very weary. I would probably talk to her though & tell her my DH is doing good & is a wonderful, loving, loyal husband.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:40 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Why can't you just ask the brother how he is doing?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:23 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Why can't his brother tell you how he is?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Personally, I would send her request because you dont know what is going on in their relationship and this could be more than you bargain for. Just asked the brother to delivery the message or your phone #. Ask yourself what if you were in her shoes and your husband "CHILDHOOD" friend contacted you about your husband...As women we must put ourselves in each other shoes in order to understand there situation...My advice to you dont do it.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Thats what I was going to say....I would NOT contact the wife only because then it could start problems between the 2 of them. Just ask his brother. Maybe ask if he has an email address and email him but keep it friendly. Maybe the brother can tell the guy that you want to contact him and see what he says. I dont want to be rude but maybe this other guy doesnt want you to contact him. Give the brother your email or phone number and he can pass it on.
    branmomma32

Answer by branmomma32 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• This is treading in rough waters potentially. I would stick to talking through the brother, or asking for your friends information, rather than trying to go through his wife. I can't say I'd be happy if some girl tried to contact my husband through me...all kinds of questions would be running through my head.
    kicknscreamn222

Answer by kicknscreamn222 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• well, thats what i did..i asked the brother how his brother was doing and all and if his brother had a fb page and he says "no, but his wife does, you can friend her"..i would just feel uncomfortable doing that.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• You can friend the brother if he has a FB page, but I would not contact the wife. Unless she is also an old friend it would just be wierd. My husband doesn't have a FB page, and some of his male friends have friended me to contact him. I'm fine with that, but if any female friends contacted me I'd be wondering why.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• okay..thanks..i was feeling it would be weird..i hope the little brother does tell him i said hi..maybe he will just contact me through his wifes page.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• If someone contacted me wanting to know something about my dh I would be happy to tell them. And I'd even give them my dh's info (especially if they were childhood friends). The worse that could happen is that the wife could tell you no. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 17, 2010