Not sure how exactly to word this. Is it offensive for a child to paint her pony's face and hair with black paint? adult content

Kyra has a little pony toy. She wanted it to look like her cousin, who is black (her mom is black, dad is white), so she painted the hair on it's head and it's face black and was playing with it.
The UPS man came to drop something off and he saw her running around the living room with the pony and his face just changed. He went from happy go lucky to just pissed and said, loudly, "f**cking racist b****" as he was leaving.
He was black. Was it offensive? Does it mean something to paint a toy like that that I don't know about?
I tried to explain to him why she did it, but he just shook his head and left.
It wasn't meant in any offensive way. Kyra thinks her cousin is beautiful, and wants her toys to look like her. She's even always asking for black curly hair. Her cousin is always asking for straight blond hair, kind of funny really. :-)
But, how exactly did I offend this man?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you di dnot offend him
    he took offense
    his issue

my daughter was playing with three ponies this am
    one brown, one white and one rainbow colored

if the postman came to my door, and she was playing with the rainbow horse, ..if the postman was gay, should he think my daughter was making a statement about gay people....IT IS A TOY HORSE...for God's sake
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:46 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I would call his boss. He has no right to talk to your DAUGHTER like that in her OWN HOME!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• He clearly has issues. It's his problem, not yours. I think it's cute.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:33 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• I agree with Pnuckey. He obviously has a problem with his attitude when around children.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Agree with Pnukey he has issues ...
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 11:36 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• No way is that racist. Children are curious and they see differences. The colour of one's skin can be different just like the colour of one's face Children distinguish between it and it also doesn't mean you are racist just for pointing out the difference. I am brown right now because I have been in the sun a lot...in the Winter I will probably go back to being white.

Clearly the man has issues..especially since he doesn't even have the decency to keep his language clean in front of you and your children while he is WORKING.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 11:41 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• " I still think it would be a good idea for you and your daughter to just quit talking about someone's skin color or hair"

You can't just ignore that people are different, that is where ignorance comes from. Teaching that differences make us all beautiful is a good thing. There is nothing wrong with what Kyra did. She wants toys that look like her family. Did you call the UPS supervisor and report this guy? because regardless of what your daughter was doing his reaction was highly inappropriate. Then again I probably wouldn't call myself.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2010

• Yeah, the UPS man has some major issues if he can look at something that was clearly done by a child and say "f**king racist b****". Was he calling HER that? Or was he calling you that?
    Regardless, he said it in front of her and he definitely over reacted. Clearly not a man with children.

I don't think what happened was racist in any way.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:38 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• ya... wow... he has obvious issues.... so i guess because I dye my hair dark I'm raciest too? lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 16, 2010

• nothing racist about it ! i think it's cute ! like others have said, i think he has some issues for sure !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 16, 2010